Women On Wheels Methven Nov 2017
Please join the event on facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/829221080430635/?ref=22
Video 2014 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZVaUsxqhQg
Video clip 2013 http://www.guardianonline.co.nz/sports-news/women-on-wheels/
Online Entry page please click ,
Women on Wheels 6th Dec 2014, based at the Methven Resort in Methven. The event will cater for all levels of cycling ability. The 75 km course is a two lap course.1 lap of the 45km and 1 lap of the 29 km courses., The 46 km course is acheivable for most riders. The 29 km non competitive course is for anyone that wants to be part of the event without the pressure or stress of a race event.You will still have your time recorded, etc. You can use any roadworthy cycle and really take as long as you like. For first timers it gives you something to train for without to much pressure. The Start/Finish is based from the Methven Resort http://www.methvenresort.com/ They have a swiming pool and spa pools, so put the togs in.
Methven has a great selection of accommodation options for visitors to the area - from backpackers and holiday parks, to motels, apartments, and hotels. Visit the Amazing Space Methven website for more information and to make a booking.
1. All participants, even if you have pre-entered, must register before the event and attend the event briefing on the day.
2. Participants must remember that the events are held on public roads. Caution and commonsense must be used at all times.
3. All road rules must be obeyed at all times. We do not have road closure for any part of the three events. Do not presume that you have any special privileges or right of way because you are participating in the events.
4. Crossing of the white centre line of the road at any stage during the cycle will result in automatic disqualification.
5. Marshals are there to assist you whenever possible; however they are not able to stop traffic. You must obey their instructions at all times.
6. Cycle helmets approved to Snell, ANSI or NZ safety standards must be worn at all times while the cycle is in motion. Cycles must have either standard drop style or flat mountain bike style handlebars. No aero bars or handle bar fittings that could cause injury to other riders are permitted. If you are unable to finish the event please notify a marshal and hand in your transponder. While cycle support will be provided ,repair of punctures and mechanical issues are the responsibility of the competitor. It is strongly recommended that all entrants have their bike serviced and helmet checked out by a bicycle retailer prior to the event.
7. Medical personnel have the right to remove any participant from the events should they consider it necessary.
8. A late entry fee of $20 will apply after the 1st Dec 2014.
9. Any decision made by the event director is final.
Timetable Nov Race pack pick up: 5.30 pm - 8.30 pm Collect your competitor race pack. The race packs include detailed race Instructions, timing transponder and sponsors products/information. We will be able to register a few on Saturday morning. Please do not be late if you are going to rego, on the morning.
Nov Start and Pre-race briefing: Breif 9.00am 9.10 am 76 km field
Brief 9.00 am 9.15 am 46 km field
Brief 9.40 am 9.45 am 29 km Recreational riders
You will be released in bunches of 50,at two minute intervals. Pre-race briefing is before each wave start,at the Start/Finish Line.
Prize Giving: The Methven Resort approx 1.30pm Emphasis will be on spot prizes
We will be rewarding place getters in the 75 km & 46km with Medals and sponsors refreshment.
All entrants who start the race will be eligible for spot prizes. Spot prizes will be drawn by competitor name. You must be present at the prize giving to win. If you are still competing you are deemed to be present. All finishers will be eligible for spot prizes. Certificates will be available to download from the results page of the website.